In honor of all those who served,
We Thank You!Veterans Day Press Release
We can provide a wide array of services to Veterans or their surviving spouses that can help you remain in the comfort of familiar surroundings. These include:
- Driving and/or accompanying you to doctor’s or other appointments
- Shopping and performing other household errands
- Reminding you to take medications and calling to renew prescriptions as needed
- Respite for family caregivers
- Preparing and serving meals according to dietary needs and preferences
- Supervising ambulation and helping to prevent falls
- Taking care of personal laundry and bed linens
- Making and changing the bed
- Light housekeeping including cleaning the bathroom and kitchen after use
- Helping with correspondence
- Providing socialization, friendship and support
- Encouraging and accompanying on activities
ATTENTION VETERANS & SURVIVING SPOUSES
DID YOU KNOW THAT THERE ARE FINANCIAL BENEFITS AVAILABLE FOR VETERANS AND THEIR SURVIVING SPOUSES FOR NON-SERVICE DISABILITIES?
The Aid and Attendance Pension is a reimbursement for existing un-reimbursed medical expenses such as home-care, supplemental medical insurance and daycare services.
The staff of At Home Companions has the knowledge and experience to determine eligibility for the Aid and Attendance Pension and will assist clients through the entire application process at no additional charge.
At Home Companions works with licensed home health care agencies to provide companion as well as medical home-care to qualified Veterans.
At Home Companions provides service in Northern NJ, primarily in Bergen, Passaic and Essex County. Options available include part-time or full-time hourly care as well as 24 hour live-in care. We offer quality, safe, and affordable care wherever it is needed; in the home, nursing home, senior residence, assisted living facility, rehabilitation facility, or hospital.
Make the call that can improve your life or the life of a loved one. Contact At Home Companions today at 201-525-0607 or e-mail us to inquire about our unique services, dedicated companions, and affordable rates.
Click here to view a printout of more information regarding the Veterans Home Care Program